Felonies & Misdemeanors
The Law Office of John Stanko, Inc. represents clients in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area and handles all misdemeanor and felony offenses, including:
- DUI Charges (drunk driving)
- Traffic Violations such as speeding, reckless driving, driving under a suspended or revoked license, DMV license suspension hearings
- Theft Charges including robbery, fraud, petty theft (misdemeanor), forgery, embezzlement, felony theft, and identity theft
- Domestic Violence including felony and misdemeanor charges
- Assault and Battery including assault with a deadly weapon charges, sexual assaults, rape, date rape, and other violent crimes
- Drug Crimes all felony and misdemeanor charges including possession, sales, transportation, and manufacture
Misdemeanors usually involve a few court appearances and are typically resolved within one or two months. In California, you have a legal right to have an attorney appear in court on your behalf in a misdemeanor case and you may never have to appear in court yourself. A misdemeanor conviction can result in probation, fines, and/or county jail time of up to one year.
Felonies may not be resolved quickly and may require many court appearances, even if the case does not go to trial. A felony conviction can result in probation, county jail and potentially a state prison sentence. A felony can also cost you individual rights, including the right to own a gun and vote.
California’s Three-Strike Law deals with certain serious and violent felonies and can result in lengthy sentences even on the first strike for violent crimes such as arson, rape, assault with a deadly weapon, home invasion, armed robbery, kidnapping, and murder. If you have two strikes against you, it is possible to spend the rest of your life in prison if you are convicted of a third felony offense.Protecting Your Rights Starts Right Now
For a free consultation and an honest evaluation of your felony or misdemeanor criminal case, call toll free or contact me directly at my firm, the Law Office of John Stanko, Inc.